What Are Premium Lenses?
Premium lenses are a type of artificial lens that is used to replace the clouded natural lens in the eye that we call a cataract. These artificial lenses are chosen in advance with your surgeon and will be implanted during your cataract surgery at Eye Specialists of Napa Valley. Premium lenses can address other eye conditions at the same time, including nearsightedness , farsightedness, presbyopia, astigmatism, and more. At our Napa, CA ophthalmology office, we offer light-adjustable lenses, multifocal & EDOF lenses, toric lenses, as well as the Crystalens as potential options for our patients.
"Excellent, compassionate physician - Held my hand through the entire cataract surgery experience."- Anonymous / Vitals / Nov 16, 2020
"Dr Jameson listens carefully to her patients, and is extremely thorough. I couldn’t be happier."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Aug 11, 2020
"I have visited Dr. Mehtani on numerous occasions. His demeanor and caring for the individual is outstanding. Dr. Mehtani fully explains the visit and what his recommended method of treatment will be. I strongly endorse Dr. Mehtani for anyone who is considering an opthalmologist in the Napa Valley community."- D.A. / Healthgrades / Jul 11, 2020
"Everyone from the receptionist to the staff to the doctors is pleasant, caring, and professional."- M.S. / Google / Mar 24, 2019
"Dr Bosetti preformed Cataract surgery on both my eyes recently. I am a retired architect and my vision became cloudy to the point I had trouble driving at night because of the glare and was easily blinded by contrasting bright sunlight and deep shadow. Dr Bosetti diagnosed cataracts in both eyes and recommended lens transplants. He was thorough in testing, clearly answered all questions. The surgery was a overwhelming success. I highly recommend him . "- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Mar 22, 2019
Clearer Vision with Premium Options
Our board-certified ophthalmologists will work with you to plan your cataract surgery. We will take the time to explain the intraocular lens options and help you select the ones that will work for your needs and budget. We offer many FDA-approved lenses which include the following:
- Light Adjustable Lens: This lens is made from a photosensitive material that can be adjusted after implantation. By adjusting the lens after the variable healing process is complete, patients can achieve the highest accuracy possible in cataract surgery today.
- Multifocal & Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) Lenses: These are used to improve your range of vision and allow for sharper focus in near, intermediate, and distance zones.
- Toric Lens: These come in many forms and are a great way to correct astigmatism.
- Accommodative Lens: Lenses, like the Crystalens, shift and adjust as the eye moves, providing a focus for multiple distances.
- Blended Vision: Utilizing a personalized combination of monofocal lenses can decrease your dependence on glasses while minimizing cost.
Clear Vision with Premium Lenses
Premium lens options can make a significant impact on your visual satisfaction and help you meet your vision goals. We know the idea of choosing a particular lens, let alone the idea of cataract surgery itself, can be a bit overwhelming. Our team at Eye Specialists of Napa Valley is here to help guide you through the process so you can achieve optimal vision for your lifestyle. For more information on the premium options we offer, or to schedule a cataract consultation with one of our board-certified ophthalmologists, contact our Napa, CA office today.